Sunday, February 13, 2011

Let the Blogging Commence!

I did it! I am officially a blogger. Thanks pretty much 100% to Jess Yanz who inspired me to join the blogging world. I am still exploring my blog and trying to figure everything out. But, I like journaling a lot, and what a great, fun new way to get my thoughts down! Seeing as how there is probably a grand total of three people who will read this (Jess, Mom, and Dad), I'm using this as a test blog to continue to get acquainted with this new hobby.

However, if there happen to be some newbies reading, I'll give you a mini update on my life. I'm currently living in Anaheim, CA training with the US National Volleyball team. I grew up a midwest girl, so the California lifestyle is completely different. It's as if I took a running leap and cannon balled right out of my comfort zone. But, so far, it seems to be going very well for me. I'm getting used to the area, and adapting fairly well to the level of USA volleyball. I have no idea what the future holds for me. Literally, I'm not sure where I'll be or what I'll be doing in two months. I dream of one day playing in the Olympics, so hopefully USA volleyball continues to show interest in me as an athlete. Anyways, to put it simply, I'm in California "livin' the dream".

It was sunny and 70 today. Pretty sweet dream, huh? :)

Kayla

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Kayla, I'll be the first to comment on your new blog. What an amazing opportunity for you to live your dream in Anaheim. I can hardly wait to follow your day-to-day activities. Enjoy every minute! Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kayla! I have followed your career since you were an 8th grader and I hope it continues for a long time. Tell Sykora hi from me. Jeanne Sutherland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to check in on your blog occasionally because you are so talented and I love to hear what you are up to. I know you don't need luck out there. Just be good, have fun and learn lots. GO KAYLA!
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete