Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life Update (again)

Once again, it's been forever I know. But, as you've probably guessed, things have occurred since the last time I blogged. So here is a short summary!

64.               Go to a Husker volleyball game wearing my 2010 Big 12 Championship Ring.
I got to get back to Lincoln for a long weekend to relax! And luckily, the Huskers played Iowa State that weekend! Perfect! It was their match at the Devanny Center which was even more awesome! And to top it all off, they swept ISU 3-0! Great night!



91.               Get a professional massage.
After a particularly tough day in the gym, I decided it was time to treat myself to a relaxing massage. It was amazing! 90 minutes of aromatherapy amazingness! Much needed!

Also this past weekend I made the four-hour drive to Las Vegas! My Aunt Mary was there for work and my mom took a trip down to hang out with her so I thought I would go and spend a fun weekend with them! We had a great time and Mom and I got to go see a couple shows! We went and saw "Jersey Boys"!
And we went and saw the Beatles Love Cirque Du Soleil show! 
Right after I took this picture I got in trouble :/ but, oh well, I got a good shot! And as you can see, we had awesome seats for both shows! They were AMAZING! Like I cannot possibly describe how much I absolutely LOVED these shows. SO GOOD! If you're ever in Vegas I HIGHLY recommend seeing both. 

Back in the USA gym, things are still trucking along. I'm no longer on the brink of insanity. No longer flirting with that line between sanity and delirium. No, no, no, I've taken a running leap and cannonballed over into insanity. I've been doing nothing but training since January and it's definitely taken a toll on me. But, good news! Only about a week and a half more of training and then hopefully I'll get to go compete at the Pan American Games in Mexico. I'll find out if I made that roster at the end of this week. I'll let you know how it turns out. After that tournament I'll get about a week off before I head to Vienna, Austria to join my club team for this season, where I'll be until about mid-April. And that's the furthest into the future that I have mapped out. After that, who knows? 

Welp, there is the update. I'm sorry it's been so long. I'll do my best to blog more, especially now that changes in scenery are coming (which I am so excited for). Love you all! 

Peace. Love. Bearcrawls. 

Kayla

P.S. I've been going to spin class at a local 24 Hour Fitness and I feel really good about it (even though it is exhausting after training all morning). I don't know why I'm telling you this. Seems relevant.
P.P.S. Whenever I'm having a crappy day, "The Office" bloopers always make me laugh. It's long but super funny! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment