Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Olympic Roster Announced!

Yesterday the Olympic roster was announced! This was a VERY exciting day for everyone that has been a part of USA Volleyball this past quad. It was even exciting for me, although I realistically had no chance at being selected. Just knowing that dreams were coming true for many of my teammates was awesome! Here is the roster that will be competing in London:

2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Volleyball Team
# - Name (Position, Height, Hometown, College)
2 - Danielle Scott-Arruda (MB, 6-2, Baton Rouge, La., Long Beach State)
3 - Tayyiba Haneef-Park (Opp, 6-7, Laguna Hills, Calif., Long Beach State)
4 - Lindsey Berg (S, 5-8, Honolulu, Hawaii, Minnesota)
5 - Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)
6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
10 - Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
11 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)
13 - Christa Harmotto (MB, 6-2, Hopewell, Pa., Penn State)
15 - Logan Tom (OH, 6-1, Salt Lake City, Utah, Stanford)
16 - Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
17 - Courtney Thompson (S, 5-8, Kent, Wash., Washington)
19 - Destinee Hooker (Opp, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)



I have no doubt in my mind that this team will bring home a gold medal. They are certainly capable of achieving great things.


Now, because the Olympic roster has been announced, the rest of the team was informed as to whether we would be going to Pan Am Cup. And, I am SO EXCITED to be able to tell you that I will be the libero for Team USA at the Pan Am Cup in Mexico next week! We leave Tuesday morning. The competition starts Thursday, and the finals are on the 20th. If we finish in the top 4, we qualify USA for the 2013 World Grand Prix. I'm super pumped! My first tournament as USA's libero! I understand it's no Olympics, but it's a start :)

Here is the schedule for pool play (CST): 

July 12 Group A

1:00 pm: R. Dominican - Colombia
3:00 pm: United States - Canada
5:00 pm: Cuba - Puerto Rico
July 13
5:00 pm: Cuba - Colombia
7:00 pm: R. Dominican - Canada
9:00 pm: U.S. - Puerto Rico
July 14
5:00 pm: Canada - Colombia
7:00 pm: R. Dominican - Puerto Rico
9:00 pm: U.S. - Cuba
July 15
5:00 pm: U.S. - Colombia
7:00 pm: Puerto Rico - Canada
9:00 pm: R. Dominican - Cuba
July 16
5:00 pm: Puerto Rico - Colombia
7:00 pm: Cuba - Canada
9:00 pm: R. Dominica - United States 

I'm not sure what the schedule for tournament play is, but I'll do my best to keep you informed when I find out more. Also, if I do remember correctly, in the past this tournament has had a website where you can watch the matches live. However, I don't know for sure. Again, as soon as I find out I'll let you know!

I'm so excited to be able to represent USA! It's an honor to wear the Red, White, and Blue! Go USA!

Happy 4th everyone!

Kayla 

P.S. I'm pretty sure I've used this clip before but it makes me laugh out loud every time so I'm using it again! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kayla, my wife and I are long, long, long-time Husker volleyball fans. We are very proud of you and your accomplishments! If there is streaming of the Pan Am Cup, we will be watching and cheering for you and for the entire Team USA! Best of luck and good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! and yes Pan Am is a start. do you know who else will be in the roster for PanAm?

    ReplyDelete