Monday, April 2, 2012

Me And My Thoughts

As I've gone through my first professional overseas season, I've discovered that I have A LOT of time alone. Even though we often train twice a day, there is a ton of free time just chillin' in my apartment. All alone with only me and my thoughts. So, what have I started doing? Making lists. It seems to have become a kind of therapy for me. Might sound strange but I feel like it takes some weight off my shoulders. Anyways, I have come up with a few lists, and I feel like sharing them with you. Fair warning, some of these lists have been in the making for most of the season, so don't judge me (especially after reading the first one)...

Things I'm going to eat when I get back to the States (haha I told you not to judge me!)
Taco Bell (first things first)
Happy Joe's 
Carlos O'Kelly's
Olive Garden
Quiznos
Papa John's
Pizza Hut
Soup Plantation
Bisonwiches (delicious sandwich place in Lincoln)
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Ham steak and cheesy potatoes
Krispy Kreme Donuts
Kalmes (the best steak you will EVER eat, St. Donatus, IA)
Texas Roadhouse
NU Vibe (a really good smoothie place in Lincoln)
Planet Sub
The Bridge (good brunch place in Dubuque)
Jess's Reesee's brownies :)
Puppy Chow
Chow mein cookies (mommy's recipe)
IHOP
BJ's
Pancheros
Mr. Goodcents
Chilli's
*I realize that this list is ridiculously long. I realize I may gain 20 pounds within the first week I'm back :) I also realize that it would be totally worth it! 

Things I Need To Do When I Get Home:
Chiropractor 
Get new contact lenses
Massage
Eyebrow wax
Manicure
Pedicure

Countries I've Been To (all of this is in the last 6 months...crazy):
Mexico
Poland
Austria
Slovenia
Croatia
Hungary
Bosnia
Romania
Russia
Slovakia
France

Things I want in my next contract:
Free unlimited wireless internet
Gym membership for the time that I’m there
Bicycle
Free pass to the city’s public transportation
An oven

Now, this next list has also been a work-in-progress for a few months now and if you have any suggestions of what would make good additions, I'd love to hear them and add them to the list :)

"I'm Going HOME!" Playlist
American Pie - Don McLean
American Ride - Toby Keith
American Soldier - Toby Keith
It's America - Rodney Atkins
Courtesy of the Red White & Blue - Toby Keith
What You Own - The Cast of Rent
Some Beach - Blake Shelton
All-American Girl - Carrie Underwood
American Honey - Lady Antebellum
These Are My People - Rodney Atkins
Made In America - Toby Keith
Highway 20 Ride - Zac Brown Band
Summertime - Kenny Chesney
Home - Dierks Bentley
Fly Over States - Jason Aldean
Small Town U.S.A. - Justin Moore
Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus
You and I - Lady Gaga
Knee Deep - Zac Brown Band
Long Hot Summer - Keith Urban
Postcard from Paris - The Band Perry
This - Darius Rucker
So Obvious - Runner Runner
Long Live - Taylor Swift
I Drove All Night - Celine Dion
Come Back Song - Darius Rucker
Thank U - Alanis Morissette 
Hold On I'm Coming - Casey James
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Glee Cast
To Where You Are - Josh Groban
I Would Walk 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys
Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
California Dreamin' - The Mamas and the Papas
Then I Did - Rascal Flatts
Mayberry - Rascal Flatts
A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
I'm Already There - Lonestar
All Summer Long - Kid Rock
Watching Airplanes - Gary Allen
Every Mile a Memory - Dierks Bentley

Boy, I cannot wait to be sitting on a USA-bound airplane listening to these songs! And ladies and gentlemen, I will be in approximately two weeks :) 13 days until our last match! 

Sending all my love from Vienna! 

Kayla 

P.S. These guys make me laugh so hard! I tweeted this video the other day, but it's so funny I decided to use it again here! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment